Saturday, April 15, 2006

Get Down

My sister's laptop is missing the down arrow key. My sister's laptop--which I used to prefer using to my old hand-me-down desktop computer--now has a major typing defect. There I am, typing a web address in to the browser, and below the address line thing (whatever it's called), pops up the address of the website I would like to visit. "Yea!" I think. "I don't have to type the whole address--oh, no, wait. Yes I do."


Sure, I could use the shortcut, if I could just press the down key. There's the shortcut, taunting me, mocking me. Inaccessible.

Bother.

Unfortunately, JLR doesn't seem overly concerned about it.

6 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

awwww, bummer. I feel your pain.

That's like having a non-scrolling scrolling mouse.

Enough to drive me crazy.

RR said...

Thanks for they sympathy, AM. It is driving me crazy. At least JLR has a new laptop on the way, so my down key woes will lessen somewhat.

Deals On Wheels said...

Or will they? Problems like these seem to find you somehow...

Deals On Wheels said...

So when are you going to BLOG about getting stuck in the elevator?

"S" told me that all she could think about was how hungry she was, and how you kept saying, "Oh, I have to pee..."

Good thing the two of you were freed quickly. I hate to think what would have happened if you two had been stuck in there much longer with each other...

RR said...

I did not have to pee, I'll have you know. I was worried that I was going to need to pee, due to the cup of coffee I'd had not too much earlier.

Amstaff Mom said...

So, no signing "toilet" then?