Tuesday, January 30, 2007
So here I sit.
I need to go to the post office.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Sitting here listening to a Glenn Miller album has prompted me to share a life dream with you. It’s the kind of dream that you might mock, one that comes from being raised on old movies, but I don’t care. I’m going to share it anyway.
I have long wanted to be a member of a dance troupe that performs for the troops at USO’s and at other locations. I’m talking the kind of dancing you see in “Singing in the Rain,” “Good News,” “Lady of Burlesque” (minus the stripping, more the opening number and not so much the others) and all those other musicals I watched and loved as a kid.
“But, rr,” you say, “the troops don’t like that kind of thing now-a-days. It’s too old-fashioned. And moreover, you can’t dance.”
You’re right, and I don’t care. A girl can dream, can’t she?_
2. Two paper cuts.
3. Stepped on cat, who is now afraid of me.
4. Knocked water bottle and cat's medicine bottle off the counter.
5. While doing a Pilates balancing move, fell over. ("Mrow? inquired Gabby. "I'm okay," I told her.)
6. Knocked trash can against wall while trying to do another balancing move.
7. Nicked leg whilst shaving.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
2. While putting away the dishes, accidentally stepped into an empty Clementine box, stumbled forward, and set down clean spatula into my water glass, instead of into the spatula holder.
3. Tried to "crinkle" plastic bottle before putting it in recycling bin, but it uncrinkled itself and leapt out of my hand.
4. Knocked medication bottle off of nightstand.
5. While trying to hit snooze, swept alarm clock off of nightstand.
6. Knocked laptop computer into JLR's toes (laptop was propped up on her bed).
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
When I have my own business one day, I'd better not catch one of my employees listing this as a "business expense".
The topless bar I pass on the way home from my parents’ house has wireless Internet. Good to know there’s a place where businessmen can mix business and pleasure during the lunch hour. Yeah.
Monday, January 08, 2007