Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Now You Know Something Else About Me

Sitting here listening to a Glenn Miller album has prompted me to share a life dream with you. It’s the kind of dream that you might mock, one that comes from being raised on old movies, but I don’t care. I’m going to share it anyway.

I have long wanted to be a member of a dance troupe that performs for the troops at USO’s and at other locations. I’m talking the kind of dancing you see in “Singing in the Rain,” “Good News,” “Lady of Burlesque” (minus the stripping, more the opening number and not so much the others) and all those other musicals I watched and loved as a kid.

“But, rr,” you say, “the troops don’t like that kind of thing now-a-days. It’s too old-fashioned. And moreover, you can’t dance.”

You’re right, and I don’t care. A girl can dream, can’t she?

_

9 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Susan can do ballet with you...

:P

Deals On Wheels said...

Susan can do ballet with you...

:P

Deals On Wheels said...

Now why did that post twice?

And why did it take two minutes to post the same comment twice?

Weird.

Deals On Wheels said...

Susan can do ballet with you...

:P

RR said...

Deals: Thanks for padding my comments section. :) Ballet isn't quite what I had in mind, but maybe I can incorporate a few ballet moves into my "routines."

JLR said...

Actually, rr, you're a good dancer, so don't be so modest. You do not, however, possess the ability to go back in time, so I'm guessing that your dream will never be a reality.

Katie said...

the ironic thing is that if you included the stripping from Lady of Burlesque I bet the troops would tolerate any of the Singing in the Rain dancing you did before hand

And i like your dream, go for it

chirky said...

Dude. You don't have to know how to dance. You just have to have the confidence.

Skills are highly overrated.

RR said...

Katie: ha ha. You're probably right. Sigh.

Jes: They are highly overrated, aren't they? That's what I should have told people after college when I was looking for a job.

JLR: Thanks for the encouragement...and the reality check. :)