Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who Really Runs This Household?

A little while ago, I sat down in my desk chair so that I could warm up the jeans I wanted to wear today. (Yes, during the winter months, I sit on my jeans before putting them on so that when I do put them on, they're nice and warm). Gabby, my cat, jumped up in my lap. When I decided the jeans should be sufficiently heated, I tried to get up, and Gabby yelled at me. She then moved over to stand on the part of my jeans that were sticking out to one side of me. I tried to grab the jeans and stand in one swift motion while she was temporarily out of my lap, but then she yelled at me again and jumped back on my lap.

So here I sit.

I need to go to the post office.



-

8 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Haha!

I'm sure her "yelling at you" was really cat for: You think you have problems?! I only have three legs! Now pet me...

:P

(Poor Gabby)

Amstaff Mom said...

HA!! Yeah, she put you in your place, alright.

JLR said...

Haha! I am picturing this now. She can be very demanding, and for a cat with three legs, very heavy and hard to move.

RR said...

JLR: I know, right? She certainly knows how to throw her weight around, in more ways than one.

AM: Yep. In these sort of situations, I always end up begging with my cat. How pitiful is that? Begging with my cat. "Please, Gabby, please may I have by pants? Please, Gabby? Please?"

Deals: I think you're right. And how can I resist that?

Amstaff Mom said...

yeah, she TOTALLY rules the roost.

Katie said...

HA, ruled by a cat. Poor JLR, did you ever make it up or are you still sitting there, pantsless, with your cat yelling at you?

Katie said...

OOOOPPPPPS i meant RR not JLR, apologies to commiting the cardinal sin of twindom

RR said...

No problem, K-T. It happens all the time. And yes, I did eventually break free. Hurray! :)