Wednesday, May 28, 2008
2. Asked the waitress if the french fries were made from potato. Unable to explain that what I meant was did they make the french fries fresh, in-house, or did they have a bag of pre-cut french fries that they throw in the fryer. Laughter and eye-rolling from Dad. I'm just glad my uncle wasn't there; he already has a french fry story about me.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
On a side note, this quote from the Wikipedia article on shelties is spot-on:
"Care should be taken when using gasoline powered yard care equipment in the presence of Shelties...The strong herding instinct quickly comes into play, but subsides just as quickly as the Sheltie finds that his/her job has been done."
My parents' current sheltie tries to herd the lawn-mower when Dad is pushing it while it's not on (when it is on, she just barks at it. A lot. See earlier note about understanding that sometimes a dog gets a bit barky). She runs and runs around it in typical herding movements while Dad pushes it across the yard, but as soon as he gets it to the storage shed, the efforts to herd stop. And then she looks at us as if to say that she's very proud of herself for a job well done. I don't know, maybe you have to be there to see it, but it's hilarious. It's a lot like this, only with a lawn mower instead of sheep.
Monday, May 19, 2008
1. Banged hand on doorway
2. Mystery bruise on knee
3. Got whipped in the face by Wally’s rapidly-thwacking ears. It hurt, y’all.
4. Spilled soapy water on myself while washing dishes
5. Picked at bump on my arm until it got all red and irritated. Typical.
6. Behind on my thesis (yes, again).
7. Got whupped at Wii Tennis by my dad, and then again by my sister.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Ich habe hunger, aber ich kann nicht
By the way, I haven’t had a German class in 12 years, so I don't guarantee that the above sentence is correct. Also, I think my thesis has become like Amy Archer’s Pulitzer. You could start making bets on whether I’ll mention it.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Monday, May 05, 2008
Friday, May 02, 2008
If I sleep with my window open, then the lawn care guys will show up in the morning (with their obnoxiously-loud, wasteful, gas-guzzling lawn care equipment) and will use their ridiculous air blower thingy to blow leaves off my front porch, never mind the fact that I have a broom standing right there, as if to tell them “I sweep leaves off my porch on a regular basis, so there's no need to use your ridiculous air blower thingy.”
Else if I sleep with my window open, then it will rain.