Thursday, November 29, 2007

Stood Up

A classmate and I have to interview people who provide cultural programming at places that might not be thought of as cultural resources (ex., churches that have dance groups). We had an interview with a senior community that has a choir. It had taken a bit of finangling to get this interview, as the interviewee didn't seem particularly interested in our project, but we needed this interview, by golly, so I persisted. We set an interview date and time. On the correct day, at the correct time, my classmate and I drove the 30 minutes to the interview site, walked in, and said that we were there to see [interviewee's name]. The person who greeted us said, "I'm sorry she's on vacation this week."

Picture me flabbergasted.

7 comments:

JLR said...

She should write her a really nice, passive aggressive letter.

Lia said...

Someone really didn't want to give an interview. How rude!

Deals On Wheels said...

Was her name Alan?

RR said...

Deals: Ha ha ha! Seriously.

Lia: It was rude! I was stunned.

Jlr: Hmmm...I'm mentally composing it right now.

Heather said...

I vote for passive aggressive.

Amstaff Mom said...

Very, very rude.

Good luck on your finals!

RR said...

Thanks, AM! You, too!

Heather and JLR: I still haven't gotten around to drafting my passive/agressive letter yet, but I haven't abandoned the idea.