Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Patting Myself on the Back

Y'all, jlr made a pound cake last night and left it here with me today, and I have not touched it, despite having been in the kitchen many times to ogle it, and despite my being very aware of its presence in the next room, and despite the fact that I can see the pound cake from where I'm sitting.

But the pound cake is for jlr's work, and so it remains untouched. I haven't even lifted the cover of the cake carrier to get a whiff. So proud of myself.


Also, is my air conditioner supposed to leak orange-colored, um, water? Not brown, as in rusty, but orange?


-

4 comments:

Lia said...

Um, Freon, maybe? Or maybe it's orange juice leaking out of the pound cake. You didn't eat it, but your air conditioner did.

RR said...

Maybe, Lia. I mean, food items do seem to go missing around here from time to time. And I wouldn't be surprised if the air conditioning is behind it all.

I was thinking about it last night, and I wonder if it's just something to do with the water around here because the refrigerator also drips orange-colored water, and if I leave a paper towel on the bathroom counter, and water runs over to it when I wash my hands, when the paper towel dries, it is orange tinged. Strange.

Lia said...

That is pretty strange, actually. I really can't think of a good reason for it. I guess there must be some orange mineral in your water? Hmmm.

RR said...

I think you may be right, Lia. I'm coming around to the idea that it might be a result of having hard water. But what minerals would do that? Which are the orange minerals? I should have paid more attention in those science classes.