Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Incident Report, 08.11.09

1. Spilled coffee on my pants.
2. Spilled coffee on my shirt and pants.
3. Left out a few words from a legal notice for a public hearing, and now we have to re-run the ad ($) and postpone the hearing. I think the notice was still good, but my supervisor disagrees, and so I had to make the "I'm sorry we can't hear your case yet" phone call to the applicant. All this after our finance director explicitly told all departments they need to be extra careful about sticking to their projected expenditures for the rest of the fiscal year.
4. Was really excited to find an elementary school classmate on Facebook and added him to my friends list, only to discover after reading his profile and wall postings that we have just as little in common now as we did 12 years ago, and maybe reconnecting wasn't a good idea after all. Could be awkward. His status messages all seem to be about partying, drinking, and Prodigy, and my status messages do not. (But I used to think one of the guys from Prodigy was cute; does that count for something?)
5. Hit self in face with windshield sun blocker thing, hope none of my co-workers saw it.

But at least I didn't fall down, right?

2 comments:

Lia said...

Facebook. Wow. I did that same "whoops, I shouldn't have connected with so-and-so" thing, too. But I'm told that you can un-friend people without their knowing. I'm too scared to try it, though. What if they find out and get insulted? Some of them are people that I actually see in real life, and I just don't want them privy to my thoughts.

RR said...

I know, right? What will happen if they find out? It's an issue. And if it's people you see in real life, then you're faced with either not letting posting anything you don't want them to know or setting up another facebook account just for those people.