Monday, December 14, 2009

Plants again!

My success with growing (read: not killing) both jalepeno plants and sweet potato plants this year has encouraged me to keep trying. JLR and I recently bought a peppermint plant. This one is going to be tricky. I can't leave it in any of our home's prime windowsill locations because Wally will eat it. So during the day I leave it in the one window Wally can't reach, but this window isn't insulated very well, and with the cold temperatures, the plant has been looking a bit pitiful lately. And by "lately," I mean, "basically since the day after I brought it home."

But I'm hopeful yet.

Come on, little peppermint, you can do it!

*

2 comments:

JLR said...

I love how optimistic you are.

Deals On Wheels said...

Peppermint, once established, will go dormant during the winter months, but will return in the spring. And it is exceptionally difficult to kill. I've had mine for years now, and it survives even when I am positive that - this time - it is a goner.

And it is yummy when added to iced tea in the summer.