Monday, February 08, 2010

It's Time for the Annual Birthday Confusion!

Howdy, y'all. My friend Hils' birthday is on Wednesday. It's on February 10th. I know this because she mentioned it in an email to me today. I also know this because it's on my calendar already from last year. It's a source of confusion to me every year. You see, for some reason, I cannot disabuse my mind of the idea that her birthday is not on February 9th. So every year I have this same conversation with myself:

Self: [looking at calendar] February 10th? That can't be right. Her birthday is on the 9th. Hmm. But I wrote it down on as the 10th. Is it the 10th? No, it can't be.

It is at this point that I usually involve JLR. "Is Hils' birthday on the 9th or the 10th?" I ask. To which she replies:

"It's the 9th, isn't it?"

So happy birthday, Hils, albeit a day early! Or right on time! But probably a day early!

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

I have the same problem with my friend Sarah's birthday. It is the 30th of January, but every year I almost always convince myself that I am wrong and that it is really on the 31st. Hmmmm.

RR said...

I'm glad JLR and I are not the only ones. That makes me feel better.