Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why Is It Foggy in Here?

How is the packing going? Well, suffice to say that JLR is sweating, and you know how she feels about that.

And despite my previous statement being sufficient to describe the situation, I'll go on to add that I've discovered that we have more than 20 boxes worth of stuff from the kitchen (which I am still not finished packing), including five baking dishes of various sizes (this despite the fact that I do not cook), and we are moving into a townhome with the tiniest kitchen I have ever had.

In other news, JLR and I are attempting to "windows wash" an old PC that we are giving away. It's been washing away for the past 9 hours, and it's only 19% done. We're moving in 36 hours. What are the odds that the wash will be done by then?

JLR just said something to me, and even though I heard sounds coming out of her mouth, I have no idea what she said.

Please note that I have not proof-read this post.

[update: JLR just came in saying, "Okay, what do you think of this plan...?"]

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

That bad, eh? Please see the previous comment's post then. Let me know how I can help.

RR said...

Oh, AM, that's sweet, but we couldn't ask you to drive all the way over here. Plus, we don't know what we're doing, so we wouldn't be able to direct any helpers. Any questions about "where do you want this?" or "how do you want this packed?" would be met with a very firm "I don't know! Think for yourself!"

We would then laugh because that's a line from one of our favorite movies.

Amstaff Mom said...

Hmmm, maybe Saturday? I could at least OPEN boxes and put stuff in a corner or something. At let you sort it out. Or rinse the dishes or something like that. Ya know, menial tasks.

And I feel SO in, btw. I'm part of the supper club!

Katie said...

ugh i feel your pain, packing, moving, having to look at all the stuff you own that you really don't need but can't seem to part with, just ugh

I'll throw my hands and legs and arms and any other part of the body involved in moving as help if you need it. The northern territories are willing to answer any calls for help (me and jcol that is)

Amstaff Mom said...

Yes, we are the northern territories. Just call us Canada.

Lia said...

I like the "Windows washing". I'll have to use that.

Other than that, hope it's getting funner.

Deals On Wheels said...

I tried to help. I had the day off. I drive a small SUV. But NO! No phone calls telling me to be "here/there" when. Nothing.

Then I ran into the twins on Saturday, and again offered my services (and threw in my boyfriend for good measure), but - again - nothing. We tried to check back later in the afternoon, but (sigh) no answer at the door.

I feel useless...oh, so useless.

I think it is all a scam so I no longer know where they live. It’s not enough that they are moving to NEW MEXICO, but now they are avoiding me completely…