Thursday, December 07, 2006

Two Down, One to Go

First of all, let me just say that baby, it’s cold outside. I know, I know, it isn’t Canadian Tundra-level cold, but for here, it’s cold.

Moving on, today I turned in my first grad school term paper. Frankly, I don’t think it was even up to my undergraduate standards, but at least I didn’t put it off to the very last minute, unlike when I was an undergrad. Each of us was also supposed to do a five-minute presentation about our papers, but thanks to the slow ramblings of several of my classmates, we only had to do a one-minute summary. Hurray!

This means that three of my classes are now officially over (there was no final in my Plan Implementation class).

Next Tuesday: the final I’m told that everyone fails, for the class in which I am, yes, that’s right, 14 chapters behind.

5 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

ooooh. 14 chapters?!?! Long papers?!! Why are you having sympathy for me?

3 tests down. 5 more to go. Classes finished! 1 1/2 hours lab time to go. The end is near.

Light at the end of the tunnel. YEA!!!!

JLR said...

I think you would get a lot more down, rr, if I didn't keep talking to you. But that's just not going to happen. I can't stop!

Deals On Wheels said...

So, what you're saying is that I shouldn't call or email you about leaving for Lampasas until Wednesday morning (and only then if you are still semi-conscious)?!

I’ll have Gypsy say a little prayer for you…

Lia said...

Yippee for classes with no finals. Boo for classes with finals + term papers. Things in the middle are to be expected.

Good luck! And remember, 3 am the night before is the time when ideas flow best for papers. Or at least, that worked for me.

RR said...

Deals: I guess I should probably plan a little bit more ahead of time than Wednesday. I haven't even really thought about packing yet.

Lia: Thanks for the tip. :) I'm trying to avoid doing anything school-related at 3AM, but it may come to that.