Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coughing, Day 6

This is the 6th day of my coughing all day due to what the doctor attributed to allergies when I went to see her last Friday.

Tomorrow, I get to go the doctor again, if the coughing has not miraculously subsided. Because the medicine bottle says I should.
"Stop use and ask a doctor if: cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious infection." Tomorrow will technically only be after 6 days, but I say "close enough." Also, what if it isn't accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache but is accompanied by a couple of hives or vomiting? The hives were on Sunday. The vomiting is today. Yea.

To be fair to my body or ailment or whatever, I do believe the vomiting is totally unrelated to the coughing. I am taking this moment of feeling better to post something. Sorry it isn't more cheerful.

Let's see. Something cheerful. Hmm. Well, it could be worse. I could be Deals and be part of a jury for a criminal case right now.

I had some incidents to report, but I've forgotten them now. I believe they mainly involved the usual dropping of things and running into doorways.



-

3 comments:

JLR said...

I'm so glad that you are considering the possibility of going to the doctor tomorrow, so now I don't have to make you. Because I was so gonna do that.

Lia said...

Hives is probably allergies. Vomiting is not so good. Sorry you're feeling lousy.

If it's any consolation, I have a miserable stuffed nose.

RR said...

Hi, Lia! Yep, probably allergies. Like the time in undergrad when various parts of me swelled up (hand, foot, half of face, all at different, unexpected times). That, too, was something to do with allergies.

I'm sorry to hear about your stuffy nose. At least I can breathe out of my nose. I'd much rather cough than not be able to breathe properly...usually.