Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In case you were worried I'd abandoned that annoying habit of talking about my thesis all the time

So, how’s the thesis going, rr?

I’ll tell you, gentle reader. It’s going like the following description of a recent visit to Municode.com.

Me: Wait a minute, this isn’t a list of states! This is a list of cities.
Municode: Yes, that's correct. It's a list of cities. You're brilliant.
Me: What–Abilene? Is this Texas? I didn’t click on Texas.
Municode: Yes, you did. Else I wouldn't have pulled up a list of cities in Texas.
Me: No, I clicked on Calif–oh, wait, yes I did. Oops.

[backspace]
[click on California]






-

3 comments:

Lia said...

Municode? California? Thesis?

RR said...

Oh, right. Details. Kind of necessary for a story, right? :) As part of the data collection process for my thesis, I'm looking at city ordinances for several cities in California, and they're often posted/hosted on a website called municode.com. I should have mentioned that up front. :) But then, it's kind of boring, so maybe not.

Speaking of thesis, how's your grad school going? I haven't visited blogs for awhile (see aforementioned thesis discussion). Guess I should make the rounds! It seems like every time I visit your blog, something big has happened.

Lia said...

Big. Yeah, you could say that. I won't spoil the surprise hear, though. Let's just say that grad school has moved to the back burner. Cuz there's too much going on for mere grad school to claim my time.