Monday, April 12, 2010

In Other Gardening News

The peppermint plant is definitely dead. The rosemary, however, was managing to hang on--though just barely. Encouraged, I bought a bell pepper plant last weekend, which we named Douglas (although he is not a runner bean plant). It made it through the week indoors, and on Sunday I did the right thing by the plants and repotted them, used both mulch and compost, and placed them outside, where they could have plentiful sunshine.

This evening, I peeked outside to see if both plants were still alive. Y'all, something pulled out the rosemary. My little rosemary plant! It's been yanked out of its pot!

I'm worried for Douglas.



-

6 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Peppermint completely dies back in the winter and mine is just now starting to come back. I only mention it incase yours really isn't dead...just not "awake" yet.

Deals On Wheels said...

And by "dying back" I mean "goes back to dirt and nothing but dirt". It completely disappears, but is hearty and comes back with warm weather and lots of water.

JLR said...

Oh, Deals, that gives me hope! She was so sad about the plant.

At least Douglas seems to be doing pretty well.

RR said...

Thank, Deals! That makes me feel better. I left it in its pot instead of uprooting it and throwing it away, just in case. Here's hoping it comes back! (Do I need to trim it back or something?)

Deals On Wheels said...

I'd just water the dirt a lot. Mint loves water. And put it somewhere sunny until it gets hot. Then, move it somewhere shady. Assuming it comes back, of course.

Good luck! I hope you are feeling better and the rain held off yesterday!

RR said...

I see no signs of life in the peppermint plant. Bother. Poor peppermint!