Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vertical Pack Green Beans

A year (or so) ago, I saw these in the grocery store and wanted to buy them. I don’t remember the conversation, but I’m reasonably sure JLR made one of two remarks: either (1) ‘Hey, if you’re actually interested in green beans, let’s go for it’; or (2) ‘Sure. Why not? We both know you’re not really going to eat them, but since I like green beans, let's buy them anyway, I’ll eat them.’

Fast-forward a year (or so), and no one has eaten the Vertical Pack Green Beans. To tell you the truth, I think we're both a little afraid of them. At the time of purchase, I thought, ‘These green beans are different! Their being packed vertically means they will someone taste different from regular green beans!’ But once they were in my home, the realistic side of my brain took over and said, ‘No, they won’t. No matter how you pack them, they’re still green beans.’

And I can’t bring myself to get rid of them.

3 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

There was a time when I would benefit from stuff like this. Grapefruit, cookies with fig, etc. I had a good thing going for awhile...

RR said...

On that note, we also have a can of diced carrots you can have, if they're not expired. Next time we're out your way, I'll pack of the carrots and green beans and bring 'em to you.

JLR said...

The can has dust on it. Once a can gets dust on it, in my mind, it is past its expiration date. So I will not be eating those.