Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Resolution, 9-6-2005

Whereas, JLR and I finally got to meet Amstaff Mom and K-Pinion this past weekend, and we really enjoyed hanging out with them (although K fell asleep part way through the movie, so we didn't spend all that much quality time together); and

Whereas, I should add, that JLR and I let no time waste in making our usual bad first impressions; and

Whereas, my mother had given me this fancy conditioner that was supposed to make my hair super soft and silky (which it did. Not having instructions for this potent stuff, I used waaaaay too much. My hair wasn't greasy, exactly. It's just that, well...when I complained of what had happened to my hair, the general opinion of my audience seemed to be that maybe it would look allright after it dried. Then I would explain to them that my hair was dry already. So I didn't exactly look my best); and

Whereas, JLR and I tend to get a little nervous when meet new people, so we talk even more than we usually do, if you can believe that (We don't want to pry in to other peoples' lives, so we talk about ourselves, considering it a safe, non-confrontational topic of conversation. The problem with this tactic is that we are B. O. R. I. N. G.);

JLR and RR do hereby resolve to make a better impression and to be generally more interesting company the next time we hang out with Amstaff Mom and K-Pinion.

6 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

Oh Bee. I had a GREAT time meeting y'all. Even under the circumstances that you posted, which are not issues in the first place, it was so great to actually meet y'all in person.

There was no bad first impression. I just felt bad that you put in the effort to make your hair all special and it didn't turn out, well, quite like you expected.

I get nervous as well, so it's all good, and it wasn't boring. How often to I get to see palms read by, what did we decide to call her? Miss Jes?

I'm just glad that you're promising to hang out with us again. And soon I hope.

And I'm ecstatic that there was a new post this morning. Yea!!!

Katie said...

RR - Sorry I fell asleep. I did have fun the REST of the time.

RR said...

Amstaff Mom: The decision was split two ways, with a majority in favor of "Miss Jes." Me, I still favor "Madame Jes."

Katie: I didn't really mind your falling asleep. I'm used to JLR dropping off at the earliest possible moment in any given situation.

Katie said...

But RR I am a PARTY GIRL. Well not in the sense of wild party girl but I can hold my own and keep going after all other batteries have died off (oops I just switched over the the Enegizer Bunny). When we get together again I promise to be more party and less nappy.

chirky said...

hey, what am I? chopped liver? you were hanging out with me, also, and i will hereby be as obnoxious as possible until that fact is recognized.

although i foresaw this happening when i looked into my crystal ball.

Amstaff Mom said...

KT - You managed to wake up fully and completely after your nap, so it's all good.

Jes - I laughed out loud at your "chopped liver" comment.

And did you see it in the crystal ball with or without Maximillian?