Sunday, July 15, 2007

Picture me waving my fist at the computer

Are you picturing it? 'Cause I am definitely shaking my fist at the computer.

Can't. write. paper.

It's just a measly three-page paper. Three pages, folks. Three.

And yet.

Oh, sure, I have four pages typed already, but they don't say anything. And don't tell me it's because pages can't talk. You know what I mean.

What is it about this particular topic that makes it so hard to write? Developers and planners working together to reach a goal, specifically the building of low-income housing. I picked the topic. You'd think I'd be able to write about it. But no. I have, essentially, eight really long paragraphs that repeat themselves. They go something like this:

Planners and developers should work together. Planners can help developers, and developers can help planners. They each have resources the other needs. They should really work together. Maybe planners could, like, be a part of the development team or something. They could, you know, identify needs. And sites. And provide funding. Maybe? And developers can provide ideas and the rest of the funding and actually build the thing. It could work, you know? Planners and developers should really work together. Oh, but there might be some obstacles. Look out for those. And work together. Go Team!

Le sigh.

Hoping your evening is going better than mine is,
The Management
(tee hee...saying that made me think of Amstaff)



-

10 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

I blame the fifty some odd keys in that box. That's enough to suck the creativity out of anyone...

JLR said...

I'm sorry that your paper is going well. :( I think you just turn in that one paragraph.m

Lia said...

Sorry about that. My recommendation is to wait till 3 am to write it. Things come out better in the wee hours, when the brain does things that the conscious mind would never allow.

RR said...

Deals: Yes. That's what it is. It's cataloging a box of keys that sucked all the creativity out of me.

JLR: I'm considering it.

Lia: I know what you mean. I've written some complete nonsense at 3 am...the kind that I look at later and can't even begin to figure out what I meant to say.

RR said...

need more coffee...

JLR said...

Um, I meant to say ISN'T going well. I wouldn't be sorry if it WAS going well.

RR said...

JLR: that's what I figured. :)

Amstaff Mom said...

I'm sitting with my Psych textbook in front of me and my school website up, and I'm reading your blog. So yeah, I can't make myself think either.

And thanks for the reference!

RR said...

You're welcome, AM!

Pysch book? You have to take pysch? Do you have to learn how to sign the DSM-IV?

Amstaff Mom said...

I don't know what you are talking about because I'm not reading my textbook (not alot of it anyways).

I'm also talking Philosphy - Ethics. They're both required for my degree.

Summer school. Blech.