Thursday, April 26, 2012

Incident Report, 4-26-2012

(1)  While walking into work today, spilled coffee down the front of my pants...the pants I washed last night.
(2)  Yesterday, splashed turmeric-laden sauce on my shirt during lunch.
(3)  Got a virus on my computer while looking for pictures of birds for a newsletter article.
(4)  Because the IT person had to completely re-do (I don't know the technical term) my computer (see (3), above), our mapping software's connection to the server (where my files are stored) needs to be restablished, and I don't know how to do it.  Result:  this conversation in the afternoon:

Mayor:  RR, I need to see a floodmap.
Me:  A floodmap of the city?  Or would you like a map for a specific property?
Mayor:  (please to have the option of a property-specific map) For a specific property would be great.
Me:  (with a confident tone in my voice)  No problem! Give me just a few minutes.

Me, several minutes later: Um...I can't get to my files.  Would you take instead a copy of our zoning map with a close-up of the property?

Awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your posts :))

Unknown said...

haha i loved it
Bikash Shrestha