Thursday, August 02, 2012

Sorry, I can't talk right now.

I'm watching the Olympics.

Yes, I already know who won the events that interest me; I heard it on the news earlier.  But now that it's the evening, I'm busy watching what I've already heard about. 

In other news, my supervisor got poison ivy two or three days ago, and this morning his car broke down on the way in to work.  So he's having a bad week. My week has been sublime in comparison, and I have no incidents to report...except this.  Why does our finance director insist on talking to me in staff meetings as though I'm the head of our department?  She kept saying things related to the budget, either information she still needed our department to submit for next year's budget or how much money we have in our tree reforestation fund, and I wanted to tell her (but didn't have the nerve), "The head of the department is sitting two seats down from me. Why don't you turn your conversation in his direction?" 

Have a happy Friday, y'all! 


No comments: