Monday, August 15, 2005

Rustlin', Wranglin', and General Mayhem

Last Friday week, D. and I went on a work field trip with three other co-workers to several museums in the area. Now, I don't know that I'd pay six bucks to go back to the museum dedicated to cowpokes, but I had a great time. D. and I posed for one of those "put your face in a fake movie poster" things. It didn't go so well, but it was fun. First, D. kept trying to put bunny ears on me. (What's with the tall person picking on the average-height person? I think our boss rolled his eyes a lot.) There was also this fake bronco thing we did. They film it in front of a green screen, and they drop your picture into an old bronco ridin' scene. It's cool. The bummer part is that you have to work the fake horse yourself. D. was kind enough to let me talk her in to moving the horse for me so that it would--in theory--look like I was actually riding a horse. Didn't work. But you can download your video from the web! And I did! And now I have a video momento!

Plus, I paid $4.50 for a picture of one of the fake posters. The top part of my face is cut off in the picture, but I think it looks artsy.

At work, things are only somewhat improved. Blah. And since I've already complained about this to everyone at work (and they're tired of hearing about it), I'm telling the four people who read my blog that I'm supposed to be on vacation this week, but I have to be at work to take care of the crisis instead. Double boo.

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

Welcome back, RR!

That IS a double whammy. Working on your vacation? Say it isn't so!

So are we going to get to see the picture, or the video, or both?

RR said...

AM:
>So are we going to get to see the >picture, or the video, or both?

Absolutely not. But thank you for asking. You're just going to have to take my word for it on the picture; it is artsy. D. would probably tell you that it's just a bad shot, but *I* say it's artsy. :)

Deals On Wheels said...

Maybe I can post the picture. After all, RR bought the poster of the picture with her head CUT OFF!! Cut off!! Seriously, what is up with that (keep in mind, that our other options - and there were THREE of those - all had her head INTACT. She just didn't look "intimidating enough" apparently with her WHOLE face exposed)?!

I'd only be risking my identity (unless I cut myself out, of course). Plus, DID I MENTION that she BOUGHT the picture of herself with her HEAD CUT OFF?! AGGGHHHHH!! This is driving me CRAZY!! WHO does that?!

Amstaff Mom said...

post!post!post!post!

The audience is screaming!

RR said...

It may be hard to believe, but I am attempting to maintain some sense of anonymity here. I don't want the people I went to high school with (among others) to be able to find me. :)

Deals On Wheels said...

Again...

Your head is cut off. Cut. OFF!

Am I missing something here? How would posting a picture with your head cut off threaten your anonymity?

You are being nonsensical...

...therefore, we are in a fight.

So, there!

Amstaff Mom said...

But, "Impatient Bee" was SUCH a dead give away. We all know who you are now.