Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Horrifying discovery

Last summer I worked really hard to lose the pudge I'd put on in the years (7) since I graduated from college. I was still out of shape, mind you, but at least through careful eating I had lost the weight, and I figured that exercise would tone up the large quantities of flab remaining on my slender frame.

Then I got comfortable. Complacent. Lazy. I've been eating a lot of junk food lately. Still, after weighing myself on my grandparents' scale and seeing that I was actually 3.5 pounds lighter than I had been a month or so ago, I figured the 4 or so times I've exercised in the past month and a half must have really paid off! This weekend, however, I learned that it was not so. Alas, weight loss isn't that easy.

We were at Dillard's on Sunday, buying a pod coffee maker for JLR, when I happened to notice a scale sitting out in the housewares department. I looked around to make sure that no one was watching, and then I hopped aboard. Apparently, Granna's scale is off. By about 10 pounds. Make that 10.5

Looks like it's back to careful eating for me. Half pb & honey sandwich + grapes for lunch. *Sigh* So hungry...

11 comments:

JLR said...

I no longer like the phrase "pod coffee maker." I don't like the way it sounds. In our household, we will now refer to it as the one cup coffee maker.

[and if that sounds bossy, don't worry--RR knows this is one of my "things" and is used to it.]

RR said...

No kidding. Ask her how she feels about the word "moist" or about the expression "from the cockles of my heart."

JLR said...

You know, I don't like to see them in print, either.

Yes, I know, you're rolling your eyes. I don't care. Roll away. Just don't use those expressions.

JLR said...

"shaking your eyes here, shaking your eyes there. Why don't you join a shaking rockin' roll band?"

RR said...

I love that line!

tee hee hee

JLR said...

*ahem* you missed your cue. that is not the correct response.

RR said...

Oh, "my bad."

"STOP. SAWING. THE TABLE!!"

JLR said...

that's my girl.

you crack me up.

JLR said...

Oh, I beg your pardon, RR, I should have said "You crack me up, I swear you do."

chirky said...

10 years.

JLR said...

seriously.