Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's best to keep the fridge cleaned out

If I cleaned out my fridge on more a regular basis, I would have known that I still had two brownies left over from Friday night, but instead I didn't even check to see what was in the white unmarked Styrofoam container until last night. I had assumed--since I don't clean out the fridge very often--that it was something from so long ago that I didn't want to see what it was. Alas, I should have checked. Dang it. Wasted brownies.

Does anyone else use the word "frigo" for "refrigerator"? I'd like to try to sell a refrigerator to Viggo Mortensen so that I can say, "Frigo, Viggo? Viggo? Frigo?"

4 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

No, but I call the remote, "the wand".

RR said...

Do you know anyone whose name rhymes with "wand"? I guess you could offer the remote control to James Bond. "Wand, Bond?"

Mo said...

FYI, my husband was brainwashed after several years of working for Subway. He calls the fridge, "the cooler". Ick.

RR said...

The cooler? That's an ice chest, isn't it? Yes, that's what one calls an ice chest. As in, "there are sodas and beer in the cooler."

I wonder why Subway calls it that. When they first began operations, was it out of the back of a truck, and they kept all the meat and the condiments in a cooler?