Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Something to look forward to (or, Something to which to look forward)

My co-worker (who thinks he's my boss) is going on vacation tomorrow. I think he may try to stick me with an unpleasant task that he's been putting off doing. Some man (we'll call him "Unhappy Patron") called co-worker a couple of weeks ago, and it seems as if co-worker didn't call him back, so Unhappy Patron called another co-worker, and now that someone else knows about Unhappy Patron, co-worker can't ignore him anymore. This morning he asked me to pull a file related to U. P. for him. I refrained from asking him why he didn't pull the file in the first place. U. P. probably wants an answer A.S.A.P., but co-worker is leaving for vacation tomorrow. How convenient.

He'll probably try to fob off on me the unpleasant task of dealing with U. P.

But I'm not going to do it! I will be strong!

I hope...

4 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Hmmm...

A. Apple. Aaahhh.

A. Al. Crackjass.

I wonder if he'll have time to "genuflect" while on vacation? At least we know that he won't be "reading" anything.

Maybe when he comes back he'll wear the camou jumper again. It makes talking to him MUCH easier because I'm not listening to him at all (I'm too busy giggling at his outfit in my head to take him seriously or pay attention).

JLR said...

No, no, the moment I lost all respect for him came *much* earlier than that. Probably right about the time he felt the need to explain to me what TI is.

Him: And we think we might ask for a grant from TI [short pause]--Texas Instruments--to upgrade our server...

JLR said...

No, my computer remembers things. My commuter doesn't have a good memory at all.

I think maybe you shouldn't stay up so late. :)

RR said...

Shut up.

(Good one, RR.)