Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dirt is Sharp and Pointy

Okay, I don't know if "sharp and pointy" is a scientifically accurate way to describe it, but dirt is abrasive. Dirt can damage the fibers in paper and textiles, for example, so if you have family mementos that you're hanging on to, try to keep dirt off of them.

Just a handy little tip.

If you'd like to read more about dirt and caring for artifacts, go to this website from the Wisconsin Historical Society: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/localhistory/articles/dirt.asp.

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

This is why the Amstaff Dad freaks a beak if anyone tries to set anything on our car or leans up against it. Because of the abrasiveness of dirt/dust. I have been trained well.

Deals On Wheels said...

Is this your attempt to make your BLOG more "museam dork" friendly?

What is this BLOG coming to?!

Hehe. Just kidding.

(Sorta.)

JLR said...

Hey! I like that kind of info! Um, and you do work in a museum, you museum dork, you.

Deals On Wheels said...

I'm have a "bad spelling week". Thank you to JLR (or DT or JJB or whatever you're calling yourself at the moment) for not calling attention to the fact that I misspelled the word "museum". Since I work in one, you'd think I could spell it. Alas, though...apparently not.

Lot of good that English degree is doing me. Grrrr...

JLR said...

Today, I'm thinking about calling myself "Irene." I think it has a nice ring to it.

Everyone has bad spelling weeks now and again. I blame it on spell check. I used to be a decent speller, and now, not so much.

Amstaff Mom said...

Irene? "I" for both Impatient and Irene? Irene seems kinda random to me. You will always be JLR in my book.

JLR said...

Irene just because, since I'm changing my name around so much, I might as well have fun with it. And of course I'm JLR to you--you're biased.