Monday, July 25, 2005

Sad (as in pathetic) Monday

I have the day off from work today because I was expecting my friend H. to fly in from New York--plane landing at 9:30 A.M.--and spend the day with me. Due to bad weather out west somehwere, however, she had to spend 5 hours on the tarmac. Her plane took off at around 11 A.M. (instead of the 6 A.M. take-off time she'd expected). So I've been sitting around the house. Oh, sure, I ran a couple of errands and ate lunch with JLR, but the rest of the day has been spent doing things I have been putting off doing, flipping through old magazines, and--wait for it--listening for the postman. Yes. I'm waiting for the mail to arrive. I'm not expecting anything good. I'm just that sad.

*Sigh*

Back to the work I've been putting off doing...

(and yes, I managed to cut my finger within 5 minutes of leaving the house this morning)

1 comment:

Amstaff Mom said...

I'm so bad about checking the mail, waiting for it with eager anticipation. This goes for comments and emails as well.