Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Incident report, 7/6/05

1. Sometime mid-morning realized I had skipped a button while buttoning up my blouse this morning.
2. Faithfully watered dead plants. Forgot to change shirts first so dress shirt I washed this weekend is now sweaty.
3. Spilled ranch dressing on table at restaurant.
4. Temporarily forgot how to tell left from right while attempting to apply the "lefty-loosey-righty-tighty" philosphy to turning off water spout. Mild panic for about 5 seconds while I couldn't figure out why the water pressure increased as I turned the knob. Shoes wet.

5 comments:

Lia said...

The left hand is the one where the thumb and forefinger look like an L if you look at your hand with the palm facing away from you. It's the only way I can remember which way I'm going.

The rule about faucets only works if the plumber who installed the knobs knew what s/he was doing. I have too much experience with the other kind, and it's hard to shut off the water in my apartment. I have to experiment every day.

Deals On Wheels said...

So, when I read RR's incident reports the VONAGE commercial song runs through my head. If you don't know what I am talking about then go to this site:

www.vonage.com/commercials.php

Listen to the song and then imagine RR doing the things that she lists in her incident reports. I promise that if you ever see one of the commericals on TV then you will only think of RR. Very, very funny. Hehe...

Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks for continually letting us laugh at your expense.

RR said...

AM: When a person is as clumsy as I am, she has to learn to laugh at herself because if she doesn't, she'll just be upset all the time. It's much more fun to have people laughing with me than to be miserable alone. :)

Lia: I'm usually good about remembering which is left and which is right, and, when memory fails, the "L" method you mentioned works for me. I don't know what my problem was last night.

Deals, I usually get the music from "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" stuck in my head in these situations, but now I guess I'll have the vonage music, too. :)

Amstaff Mom said...

If these incident reports keep coming, we're going to have to change your name from Impatient Bee to Mr. Green. Insult of all insults!